Thursday, January 21, 2010

Grungy valentines

not sure why my computer keeps flipping the image upon uploading it to my blog. Sorry about any neck strain :O)

One of my first custom orders was for a friend's daughter. The daughter is 13 and loves BLACK. So I came up with this really cute 3x3 Valentine card for her. I think it turned out really cute.

Supplies used:

PTI: Black & White Basics patterned paper, True Black Ink, Tiny Treats Valentine stamp set, heart punches

Other supplies: SU! Lovely Lilac cardstock, black grossgrain, bright purple glitter
CTMH Vintage Valentine, Copic marker, UTEE

I punched the hearts from PTI patterned paper, used my COPIC marker to color in parts of the paper. After coloring I wadded up the hearts, distressed the edges a bit with and then I used Versamark and UTEE. I applied several coats of the UTEE to get a nice glossy crumpled heart. I used 1/2" glue dots to adhere the heart to the card. The base image was stamped with CTMH Vintage Valentine images and then layered with the other hearts.

Hope you enjoy these little darlings. I am thinking of translating it into a regular sized card.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Fabulous projects today!!! That flower is amazing...Came out perfectly! And the grunge look valentines are great for that young teenage set! They will be a huge hit. Love all your details!

Lori said...

These are fantastic!!! I think your friends daughter will love them!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Those are adorable!

Terri said...

Very cool! I like the color combo too. I bet your friends daughter will love them.

blog background