Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Make It Mondays with PTI


Make It Mondays is a NEW special feature that Erin Lincoln & Nichole Heady have been working on. The Make It Monday challenge series. Every Monday there will be a technique video posted to the PTI YouTube channel by a Papertrey Team Member showcasing a nice balance of basics and new innovations to cater to everyone's skill levels. (The video will also be posted on Nichole's blog every Monday)

There will be a prize involved if you participate in the challenge - normally a free stamp set but this month since it is PTI's anniversary it is a $250 gift certificate. Oh the stamps and supplies I could buy!

Today's concept was the Go-To Sentiment card. This concept utilizes many different sentiments from different sets to make a collage image of you sentiment. I chose to use "Hello, thinking of you, etc" for my card. I am really pleased with how this turned out. I am going to try this again, hopefully tomorrow.




If you are interested in supplies used just ask - too many stamp sets for me to list at the moment. But it sure was fun to go through my sets and see what would work.

The only things that are giving me problems with this card, which I will go back and fix are: my rhinestones are more topaz than chocolate and that bothers the anal OCD matchy matchy side of me and the other is the tiny stamp line I got under one of the hellos - maybe I will put rhinestones there instead.

Anyway, enjoy my first entry into the challenge.

10 comments:

Terri said...

Great job! Love how you stamped your images on the leaves. The butterfly and doily are a great addition too.

Laura Isham said...

This is really beautiful! Love the offset butterflies on the doily. Great, great job!

Aimes said...

Well you just know that I love this with all the lovely, lush green :D
Don't let that OCD get in the way of your creative mojo; those rhinestones still go so well with this card :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kara said...

this is awesome!! love it!

Kimberly said...

This looks great. I really like the leaves stamped behind the words. You had me squinting to see which hello had a stamp line. :)

Pam W. said...

This is absolutely lovely.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So beautiful! I love how you have stamped over a pattern. I did not think the rhinestones looked out of place or the wrong color. Pretty butterflies too!

Nerina said...

Lovin' those rhinestones here :0)! The background script sentiment is fabulous - and I do love the way you've layered the butterflies - so casually 'imperfect'!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I didnt' see an email address so I will write you here. If you google heart doily or paper heart doily, you should find lots of options. I got mine at a local craft store Michaels. Good luck!

Linda said...

This is a fabulous card! All the sentiments and the background all come together so well. And I love the butterfly!!

blog background