Saturday, December 4, 2010

Unscripted Sketches #84

Welcome to this week's project for Unscripted Sketches.




I am making a set of cards to add to my birthday binders. This card just happens to be one of them. (hopefully, the recipients of these gifts aren't reading my crafty blog). I am finding inspiration in these sketches and using a sketch as a good opportunity to knock out a set of 6 (the number of binders I am attempting to get done for Christmas).

On this project I used all Papertrey Ink products unless otherwise noted. For this sketch I used patterned paper for the strips along the right side - they come from the Library Ledger and Distressed Dots papers. On the main layer I ran it through my cuttlebug with a PTI Impression Plate (diamonds). Love that look. I then used Mat stack #3 die to cut my Melon Berry cardstock. I stamped the flowers from Friendship Jar Fillers in Berry Sorbet, the sentiment is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink and comes from the Four of a Kind CHA set. I distressed the edges of this frame as well as the main layer with my Vintage Tea Dye Duos. Love the look this gives to a project. I also stamped the Friendship Jar flowers in Berry Sorbet onto the front of the envelope. Love how I can easily make things matchy-matchy.




Enjoy! Let me know if you decide to play along so I can check out your projects.

3 comments:

B said...

Fun mix of patterns and I love the flower stamped on the card and the envie!

Unknown said...

I really like that friendship jar flower, it looks nice monochrome, like you did it here, or colored in, so versatile.

Nerina said...

These are great! I love the CAS feel and the colours you've chosen - and you've really given those flowers a whole different feel here!

blog background