Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CAC - 4 Green & Black

Today I decided to participate in another of Becky's challenges which can be found HERE.

Specific colors and dimensions are the order of the day. I have never made a long card like this so it was a nice departure from the norm.


Here are the "deets"...



I stamped the leafy branch image onto black cardstock with Versamark ink, then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. On the Green Leaves Ripe Avocado patterned paper I distressed the edges with Vintage Tea Dye Ink Duo and a little True Black ink. Then I applied narrow score tape and ultra fine glitter to the edges. I really like the look of the distressed edges and glitter. Now here I did depart from the challenge and use Vintage Cream cardstock instead of Stamper's Select White. I really wanted a softer, more vintage look so I changed the white to cream. On the bottom third I stamped a border and scallop image from Beyond Basic Borders. Then for the top I stamped the leafy branch again this time in True Black. I distressed the edges again with my Vintage Tea Dye Duo and then along the very edge I ran my black ink pad to give it just a very subtle border and to help it stand out from the Avocado layer. Finally, I used a sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes and made a little pennant tag for the top. Found a beautiful avocado green button in my PTI Vintage Button pack, tied it with black embroidery thread and applied above the sentiment. I distressed the edges of both layers for the sentiment, again using the Vintage Tea Dye Duo and True Black along the very edge. I also used a black marker to make a border on the top layer. Debated about adding yet more glitter and decided that one layer was probably enough - if that is possible. The last step was to tie and retie the bow until it was as close to perfect as I was going to get it and then add little green dew tops for a little bit of "bling".

Thanks for looking.

Ciao for now.

18 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Love it....... you did a great job with the challenge

Aimes said...

Simply gorgeous! Fab take on the challenge. I love the way you've incorporated the sentiment!
x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh what a Fabulous looking card! You did a wonderful job with Becky's #4 challenge. I love everything about it and that button is so special! Not sure I will be able to play along. So much to do before heading south to Florida in less then 24 hours.

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo pretty, Angy!

Cammie said...

Perfectly wonderful! I love how your creative mind works.

Karen said...

Your card came out beautiful!! Love it with cream and the bling looks great! :>

Mandy said...

Oh my word, this is stunning!

Terri said...

Nice job. I like the cream card stock and how you turned the sketch too.

Diane Jaquay said...

Really nice job on this challenge! Love the sparkle you added to the card too!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the embossed branches. Great take on the challenge.

Rhonda said...

Love how you changed the template direction. Nice job on the challenge.

Unknown said...

oh what a pretty card!!..love the details..it really turned out gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Beautiful--i love the vintage feel! I like how you used the bold sentiment and the button is so perfect. Great job with the challenge!

Sherry said...

This is gorgeous! Great job on the challenge.

Linda W said...

Beautiful card, Angy. I love how you made it your own - slightly different color, rotation, that little scallop. It's all fabulous!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

elle est superbe,tu as superbement relevé ce challenge, bravo

Lisa Petrella said...

WOW! This is amazing! I love the vintage feel of it and all of your attention to detail!!! Excellent work!

Sara Mac said...

Angy this is gorgeous! There are soooo many special touches added to this card. Love the embossing on black (I did the same thing). The leaf vintage button is perfect with the stamps. The glitter and dew drops are just the right amount of bling! Can you tell that I LOVE this card?

blog background