Friday, February 26, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge # 1



Today, I came across this CHALLENGE at Lisa's Poppy Paperie blog. I love her work and so I decided I would participate in this challenge.

Now, I have to tell the truth, this card turned out way different than I imagined. I think I like it though. The process was interesting and fun. Though I had originally planned on using ribbon roses as my light yellow accent they just didn't go with the flowers I stamped (in my mind, at least).






I really do like the color combination I chose though. I used Papertrey Ink's Terra Cotta Tile & Lemon Tart cardstock, using the Vintage Tea Dye Duo for distressing the edges. And I stamped the flowers from PTI Friends Til the End set on Rustic Cream before distressing the edges and then adding score tape and glitter so I could give the card the BLING (crystals) needed as one of the SEEDS of the challenge.

a close up of the bow area with yellow and orange wire that I twirled around (matches my colors really closely - YIPPEE)


The other seeds were: Use light yellow some where (that was my Lemon Tart card stock and the yellow COPICs I used when coloring the interior of my last seed, which was use a flower image.

I liked this challenge - would be pretty easy to combine this with some others if you "need" to complete more than one challenge.

I also have to admit that one thing I kind of like on the card was purely an accident. After stamping my sentiment on the card, I accidentally dropped my Dark Chocolate (PTI) inkpad onto the card stock. In order to cover my boo-boo, I lightly touched different areas of the card with the inkpad for the same look in multiple places.


the little rosettes I created

a close up

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that card! Very pretty!

Sue Ann said...

Love love love love this card!!!

Anika said...

I LOVE this color combo! Great job on Lisa's challenge!

Lori said...

The color combo is very pretty and what a great way to cover up the ink pad!! Great card!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

Love our card. It turned out beautiful! Great job! :)
Nadya

Kristi P said...

I just love this!! Great colors together.

Rhonda said...

Great job on the challenge.

Sharron said...

SO pretty! Great colors and I love the wires you used with the bow-neat effect! The rosettes are wonderful too!

Terri said...

Nice job!

peggysue said...

Those are wonderful rosettes, they look easier to make than the chiffon flowers. I've dropped an ink pad before and had to cover up. I like the skewed central image layout too.

Debbie Nelson said...

GORGEOUS...LOVE IT!

Mandy said...

I love the colors you used, this card is gorgeous! I also love when accidents turn into happy accidents, the dark chocolate looks great!

Debra said...

Goodness, this is pretty. I love the color combo and the glitter is awesome.Glitter is always a good thing!

Cheryl said...

Great color combo, and I love the coloring on the flowers.

Pam W said...

Gorgeous! I love when an "accident" can be turned into part of the design. Way to go on the challenge.

Kara said...

love the colors and the glitter border is fabulous!
kara

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card!! Love your color combo. Those rosettes are fantastic.

colleenk said...

I love your color combination AND you choice of stamps! lol I used the same one! I like the glitter on the edges too! Great card!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Your card is fantastic! There's so many details to see. Love the subtle text background, the wire around the ribbon, the bling around the edges, the coloring in and around the flowers, the distressing. Beautiful work!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card! And the wire accent on the bow is wonderful!

Cammie said...

Love the combination of lemon tart with terra cotta tile. So many neat details that make one fantastic card!!

Jennifer K said...

So striking and I love the glitter touches. Nicely done!

Laura said...

The roses are really gorgeous, even though they didn't end up making it onto this project. Thanks so much for sharing your "oops" with the ink pad -- that kind of stuff happens to me a lot. :)

Sara Mac said...

Angy this is beautiful! I love that you accidentally gave this card more detail:) It came out great.

blog background