Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine Goodies...



Our FRG (Family Readiness Group) is having a Valentine's dinner next week. I am in charge of the prizes we are giving away. There will be prizes for longest married, newest married, shortest engagement etc. These little darlings are what I created to hold chocolates. Very little stamping done but lots of cutting and glueing and fiddling.



Supplies: Basic Grey Blush decorative paper, SU! Soft Sky deco paper and Lovely Lilac cardstock, Papertrey Ink Black & White Mix deco paper, SU! & Papertrey Ink ribbons (too many colors to list), various punches, brads, colored staples, etc and the workhorse behind the whole project: Papertrey Ink's clear boxes that their stamp sets come in. WooHoo! I knew I kept all those boxes for a reason. Now I am putting them to good use.


I also used SU! 22 guage (at least I think it is 22) wire to make the handles for the little baskets. Each basket has a different kind of handle. One has lots of ribbon bits tied on it, another has fabulous chocolate satin ribbon wrapped around the wire and a big, fluffy bow tied on each end. Another is just 2 ribbons layered with wire in between them. I was trying to keep them from looking too much like cookie cutter pieces. I wanted each one to be unique. I have at least two more to do and I will post them when I finish with them. One is almost done, just need to come up with the handle and the other is still being thought about. Enjoy my creations! And thanks to all my fellow PTI bloggers who submitted photos of their creations which inspired me to start creating something with those fabulous boxes!

8 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Very neat! I'd love to win one of those as a prize!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them!

Heather P. said...

These are totally fabulous!! Awesome!

Nerina said...

LOTS of work in these - they're all so pretty and so different from one another! Enjoy your evening together!! :0)

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all fabulous! I especially love the special handles you made for the first 2!

Sharron said...

Oh, these are all so lovely! Love the last one with the purple best--so elegant! Anyone would love to win one!

Sherry said...

These are wonderful!!

Cammie said...

WOW!! These are wonderful!! What a gorgeous prizes.

blog background