Monday, February 8, 2010

Scrappy Gift Bag


So I decorated another gift bag! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this one turned out. And it is created with mostly PTI products (papertrey ink for the uninitiated) which you can find HERE.

For the tag I just took random scraps that I had and adhered them to a piece of lightweight chipboard, then I ran it through by cuttlebug using a tag die by Sizzix. LOVE IT! Just love that tag. I am seriously excited about how cute the tag turned out.

Mind you these were really just random scraps. I did try to make sure the colors were pleasing together but otherwise there was no rhyme or reason to why I chose that particlar strip ~ other than it was thin and suitable for the purpose.

I took another large scrap of Friends 'til the End decorative paper and put that about midway on the bag just above the bottom portion that I stamped with Polka Dot Basics using Fresh Snow Ink. Over that I took another scrap and just stamped the words from Top Ten and Top Ten additions.

I took the ribbon tag - another scrap just laying around (I try to cut multiple things at once so I am not wasting the turning of my wrist on that machine). I popped that up on pop dots and then put prima flowers with brads in the end. Because I used the Friends 'til the End paper on the tag and the bag I also stamped the flower from Friends 'til the end on the ribbon tag and the words for the sentiment on the tag.

Finally, I finished up the tag by adding a strip of glitter, two more prima flowers with a large brad in the center and tied with grossgrain ribbon. The grossgrain ribbon is used to tie the tag to the bag. Then around that ribbon, I added a large bow using organdy ribbon.

Really am proud at how this turned out!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Angy, This is very cute. I love the polka dot on the bottom and the tag is fabulous.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Looks very nice! Kinda of like shabby-chic.

BethieJ said...

I LOVE your bag!! The colors are so PRETTY!!!
Have a WONDERFUL day!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! Love the polka dots stamped on the base of the bag... :)

Diane Jaquay said...

What a FUN bag and tag!! Love the colors!

blog background