Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CAC ~ 5 Red & White Polka Dots!



Here is the next challenge from Becky...this one was a little easier as far as the colors went. I did try to step out of the box and do something a bit different. Our job was ONLY to stay within the cutting and color parameters, which is what I did! This was so fun I actually made 2! What do you think?


a close up of my sweet little flower - a clear flower that I stamped Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Textstyle in black on it. Then I tied a knot in the Aqua Mist Satin Ribbon and notched the ends as "leaves".

I was even able to finally use my sewing machine on a card. That was fun! For my sentiment I, once again, used masking to create my own sentiment - I used two sentiments from PTI's Handwritten Notes.


This next close up is from my scallop punched flower with a satin ribbon knot in the button.


With this card, I used one of my new favorite techniques which is using a marker to outline the main image on the card. I then added some red dew drops to help the sentiment stand out.


SUPPLIES USED:
almost all Papertrey Ink
Stamp sets: Polka Dot Basics I & II, Background Basics: Textstyle, Handwritten Notes, Faux Ribbon, Signature Greetings

Paper: Aqua Mist, White & Pure Poppy cardstock, aqua mist patterned paper

INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist

Embellies: Aqua Mist Satin Ribbon, Vintage Buttons, scallop punch

non PTI ~ dew drops, black marker, clear flower

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet cards. I really like what you did with the challenge. Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are so cute! I really love the poppy and aqua together, just so bright and cheery :)

Sharron said...

I really like these cards--wonderful details! I especially love your clear flower with the knotted ribbon--so clever how it also is used for the leaves. Great job with Becky's challenge!

Rhonda said...

Angy, Super cute! Love the clear flower and the ribbon knots.

Becky said...

These are great! I really love how you stamped text style on the flower! I have to try that! Love em! Thanks for playing!

Sue Ann said...

Love your cards.... and the flower is oh so pretty!!!

Kristina said...

Really nice cards...love the flowers!

Thanks for sharing!
~KristinaH

Christa said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!! Extremely creative!!! I'm going to check out the rest of your blog right now LOL.

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them! I especially like the clear flower. Very cool.

Heather P. said...

These are sooooo pretty! LOVE those flowers you created! :)

Jeanne said...

Terrific cards! Love the way you have done the sheer blooms with Aqua Mist ink. Wow, so many details! Stunning! n Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great cards! The flowers and knotted ribbon - ooh la la!

Aimes said...

So sweet! I love your second card, that flower is amazing!
Way to rock Becky's challenge!
x

Cammie said...

Angy, these cards are so fun! I love the flower on the second card. I also like how you personalized the sentiment. Great job with Becky's challenge.

peggysue said...

Oooh very unique! Look at that fabulous flower! I hope to get to this this weekend, but wowzers, you've got a winner here.

Karen said...

Both your cards & handmade flowers are absolutely fabulous! That clear one is oh so cool and of course, I just love all the polkas! :>

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Elles sont superbes,j'adooore la seconde carte
bravo

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful cards!! Lovr the flower and knotted ribbon.

Cheryl said...

Great cards--I especially like the details on the second one. Beautiful job.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your cards! I especially like the knotted centers on the flower and button.

Taheerah said...

Absolutely *love* the flower on your first card, so stunning!! Both cards are lovely though, the polka dots are great!

blog background