Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PTI - Day 9 - Color Favorite Challenge



I am just getting this one in the nick of time. I will post more about it once I get it posted and linked. This also qualifies for the Papertrey Peeps challenge to use buttons.

The colors I chose were Michelle's favorites ~ kraft, spring moss, aqua mist and vintage cream. I have to say that I love the way this card turned out. I think it is so pretty and soft. I used the PTI Pretty Pastels paper to paper piece the cupacke. I added an aqua mist button at the top, and inked just the little twirl in spring moss and stamped that above the cupcake. (The cupcake from Baby Button Bits was stamped twice so I could cut it out and paper piece it.) For the card base I used kraft cardstock, on the bottom I stamped Background Basics - Textstyle II in vintage cream ink, then I stamped over that with Polka Dot Basics II in spring moss. Such a soft effect that has. For the background paper I used Everyday Blessings which I lightly distressed with the vintage ink duo. The base on that was actually white and since I was going for cream I distressed the entire piece to cut the brightness of the white and make it look more cream. I really like how that softened the edges too and lent and overall soft, dreamy like quality to the card. I chose the rustic cream cardstock to layer my paper pieced cupcake on and place the sentiment from Cupcake Collection on. Then following Nichole's idea, I outlined the rectangle with a black pen, again I distressed the edges with the vintage ink duo. Then I added a small line of glue around the perimeter of this piece and glittered it up. I tied Spring Moss satin ribbon around the background paper and finished it off with a cream button tied with rustic twine. Finally, I glued and glittered the edge of the card to give a little bling to the bottom of the card as well.

Love this card. I really like how the distressed edges give a different look to the glitter on the edges. Hope you like how this turned out.

Ciao for now!

edited to add Guess I missed the deadline because I put my info into Mr. Linky - it was added and showed up. Then when I refreshed the page to see how many cards I needed to look at - it took away my entry plus about 50 others. According to my clock I still had 3 minutes to post. Oh well, maybe next time.

17 comments:

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card!!

xoxo

Sharron said...

Very Pretty! This are wonderful colors and you did a great job your card.

peggysue said...

That is so cute and I really like how you framed it, that set is so tempting and initially I passed it by because I don't really need baby cards, but it is so versatile. Great job, really, the rectangle was a fab idea.

Terri said...

I agree very soft and pretty. Sorry Mr. Link would not add it in time.

Rhonda said...

Sorry you didn't get to enter. This is a great card.

Taheerah said...

Love this card Angy, so soft and pretty!

Cammie said...

I LOVE, LOVE this card!All the details are perfect.Soft, sugary, sweet. This is one of my favorite cards today! That little cupcake stamp is calling to me.

Sara Mac said...

What a great card! I really like the glittered border and the black one you drew. Everytime I try that I mess it up.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a pretty card. I love that cupcake. You should post this in the Guest Star Stamper's gallery. I'm sure it would qualify for Best use of a previous stamp set.

Lori said...

So sorry you missed the deadline. This is beautiful card!! I need to get this set soon, the cupcake is my favorite image!!

Jennifer K said...

I really like the ribbon treatment you did on this. Very pretty!

Cathy Weber said...

Very cute card. I love that little cupcake image.

Anette Eakins said...

Oh, I just love, love, love this card! That glitter around the edges is just perfect. BTW- thanks for your comment on my cards! The brown gingham ribbon is from Michaels.
Anette-snowmom13

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Bravo pour cette splendide carte,elle est très élegante

Aimes said...

I love this card and that colour combo! That cupcake looks delicious and your card has a super layout!
x

Betsy V said...

Love those paper-pieced cupcakes too! Super sweet card! Thanks for playing along with my challenge. :-)

Betsy Veldman
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Daniela F. said...

What a super pretty card, Angy! Your cupcake looks so yummy :) I also love the colors and your glittery frame. Way to rock the challenge!

blog background